May 31, 2005

Which Getbacker are you

In line with my earlier entry I did a couple of web quizes.
The first is ok but I don't really think is me.
The second is the computer wiz which is a better fit at least in the way I view myself. I could however go with Shido with no problem.

I am Fuyuki Shido.
Which GetBackers Character Are You?

you are MAKUBEX, disturbingly intelligent and amazingly perceptive. you possess good leadership skills and are a calm person. you are somewhat of an enigma, and the ultimate hacker.
makubeX

which getbackers anime character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Posted by Starhawk at 09:35 AM | Web Quiz | Comments (0)

Anime Update

Anime you say. Well yes. I watch quite a bit these days thanks to my Daughter who not only watches but is becoming pretty god at drawing also.

She goes through phases. She has been through her Pokeman phase and her DBZ phase and others.
Her latest phase is Getbackers. She has taken all her money and purchased not only the Manga but the complete series of anime.

When she got the DVD's she watched them non stop, through the entire series. Now she is determined to make me watch though my limit is between 1 and 4 per day. She is persistent though.

Posted by Starhawk at 08:52 AM | Home and Family | Comments (0)

May 22, 2005

3 Years and 100,000

Yes next month it will be three years since I started this blog and there is no truth to the rumour that I have been cutting back on posts so that the 100,000 milestone will occur in the same month.
I have been busy getting my life going but I do have some nice pictures of the garden that I will post soon, I promise.

While 100,000 might not be a lot to people like Roger or Meryl or Glenn I have worked very hard for it and I am glad to see it happen. I will also state that while I go through periods of not posting a lot I am not in any way thinking about quitting like so many of the blogs that were around when I started have done.

Posted by Starhawk at 10:12 PM | Housekeeping | Comments (0)

New Whittle

Bill Whittle has a new Essay up.
If you have not read it yet, what are you waiting for?

Posted by Starhawk at 10:04 PM | Other Bloggers | Comments (0)

George W. Bush

Will you be a spectator or a citizen? To make a difference in this world, you must be involved.

GWB - Commencement speech at Calvin College - May 21,2005

Posted by Starhawk at 07:00 AM | Quote of The Day | Comments (0)

May 12, 2005

From Red Sugar

I am:
82%
Republican.
"You listen to a lot of AM talk radio, don't you?"

Are You A Republican?

I got this from Tanya who ended up 1% more republican that I am and it doesn't bother me a bit. What I can't understand is the next one where my brain is more female than hers.

Sheesh!!!

Your Brain is 46.67% Female, 53.33% Male

Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female

You are both sensitive and savvy

Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed

But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve

linked from : Red Sugar

Posted by Starhawk at 02:27 PM | Web Quiz | Comments (0)

May 09, 2005

Rebuild delayed

While in NYC I hope to be able to go to the WTC site and take some pictures. I was hoping that things would be much advanced from the last time I was there 2 years ago. I think I will be upset given this news which I read the other day.

I hope they will rebuild the WTC in my lifetime but I fear that things are now in the hands of ball-less politicians and bureaucrats.

Posted by Starhawk at 02:21 PM | WTC Rebuild | Comments (0)

Travel plans

I will be traveling to NYC in June on the weekend on the 17th and if any kind of blog parties or get togethers are going on please let me know.

I will be visiting family and I don't know how much time I can steal away but I am always interested in meeting other bloggers.

I plan to be the Yankee game on Monday so if you are going to be there drop me a line and I will buy you a beer or whatever you are drinking.

Posted by Starhawk at 02:13 PM | Home and Family | Comments (0)