December 31, 2005

Happy New Years

I wish you and all yours a happy and healthy 2006.

Posted by Starhawk at 06:22 PM | Home and Family | Comments (0)

December 26, 2005

Enter before it is too Late

You are runing out of time to enter the 2006 Dead Pool.

# 2006 Dead Pool Rules are posted and the signup form is linked at the bottom of the rules page. You have until the ball drops in Times Square to sign up.

the rules can be found here.

Posted by Starhawk at 10:09 PM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)

Countering College Indoctrination

One of my recurrent themes back when I was posting regularly (can anyone remember back that far?) was the problems at our country's colleges.

Little by little the light of truth is being shown on the ivy crusted walls (? aren't your walls ivy covered? , Quiet!)

This article tells about a new organiation joining the fight. It is called the Network of College Conservatives and is heading by a graduate of Ohio State which happens to be the place where I received my own undergrad degree.

I like seeing this in that it shows that all is not lost and there are some people who are fighting back against the evil PC minions.

GO BUCKS!!!

Posted by Starhawk at 09:42 PM | Colleges In Crisis | Comments (0)

December 25, 2005

Happy Holidays abuse

Why say Happy Holidays when what you mean is

Merry Christmas

Posted by Starhawk at 07:29 AM | Housekeeping | Comments (0)

December 16, 2005

The War over PJ Media

One of the most interesting things that has been happening in the recent past in the Blogosphere is the creation of PJ Media which was briefly known as Open Source Media.

I have been following this story for a while and have not written about it for several reasons (see disclosure at the bottom), but it seems to just go on and on. Not PJ Media itself but the controversy surrounding it. Now as you know if you are a long time reader (both of you) I love a controversy especially when it mutates into a full fledged Blog powered flame war.

Not since the Moxie-Moxiepop war have I seen such involvement and venom splashing across the HTML powered pages of so many blogs and their comments. As I have done in previous cases I am going to post a roadmap to bring people up to date. I do this as a public service and because I see the whole thing as kind of funny. There some things connected to it that are indeed not funny and some words have been written that should not have been however in the larger scheme of what is going on in the world ,ie TWOT this is just a sideshow.

I mearly report what I am seeing and I will let you the reader decide for yourself what the truth of the matter is.

Key background can be gotten from Dennis the Peasant

Update: I actually started writting this piece a while ago and as I have said things have continued to move,, much more at Dennis's site.

Then you can reac the Wikipedia entries here and here.

Steve H. has a post here.

Winds of change has a post here

One of the key players who has gotten involved in this little comedy oddly enough is Moxie herself. Really she is not a key player but she has become one because she refuses to back down and she has generated more HTML than a lot of the other players.
Moxie latest post with tons of comments can be found here.

Other Moxie posts can be found (deep breath), here , here , here, here, here and here, though I probably missed a few.

Last but not least Ann Althouse is caught up in all this and has post that you can read here and here.

Quote of the day:
Somewhere recently I saw one of those Internet quizzes asked what character from Shakespeare you would be. I didn't take it because I know if I could be any character it would be Puck.

One of my favorites lines in any movie is Mickey Rooney saying:

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

A Midsummer Night's Dream - 1935

Full Disclosure:
I did at some point in the past sign a non disclosure form during the creation stages of PJ Media. I also not too far in the past got an email from them telling me that I was invited to the Launch and that a snail mail invitation was on the way, which never came. I would not have been able to go anyway but as in a lot of things in life it is the thought or in this case the lack of thought that counts

Posted by Starhawk at 01:46 PM | Other Bloggers | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

December 08, 2005

Saddam a no show

One of the interesting things about the 2006 Dead Pool is that we have to blog about our picks once a quarter. Of my picks Saddam is going to be the easist to talk about at least as long as he is still breathing.

When I read about stuff like this I wonder why they don't just drag him into court, tie him down and stick a gag in his mouth.

They cannot take this guy out and hang him soon enough, after the first of the year, to make me happy. I am not saying that just because we get a bonus for the first death but I think the world will be a much better place when he and those like him are not on it.

You still have until the ball drops on 12/31 to register in the dead pool.

Posted by Starhawk at 06:04 AM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)

December 04, 2005

Zombies and Democrats

This video clip is just too funny not to share. It is related to this post from Dr. Helen's site and shows that in some ways thing change very little over time.

Posted by Starhawk at 11:29 AM | Politics | Comments (0)

December 03, 2005

2006 Dead Pool

It is that time of year again to get your entries in for the isfullofcrap (formerly file13) deal pool.

The rules are here, hurry and enter because you only have until the ball drops.

My own picks have been followed closely because in 3 years only 2 people I picked died. Which means choose anybody that I don't.

Posted by Starhawk at 06:28 AM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)