January 26, 2006

Ariel Sharon

As further proof of the magic of being on my dead pool list I offer Ariel Sharon who despite some nasty stuff is still going.

It appears that he is in a vegetative state which means he could outlive most of us. I thought he would be my first score of 2006 but I should have known better.

Cross posted at Deadpool 2006.

Posted by Starhawk at 04:53 PM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)

Diana Ross

Diana Ross as some of you may recall was originally part of a group called the Supremes.
The Supremes were one of the blockbuster Motown groups of the 60's.
Eventually Diana became too big and the group became Diana Ross and The Supremes. Then she became even bigger and dropped the other two girls altogether.
I am betting that this year will be Diana's last.

There are still groups who call themselves the Supremes even though they have none of the original members.

One of those original members, Mary Wilson, is fighting them though the courts and with the lawmakers as detailed in this article.

I am all in favor of this. Diana however doe not seem to be part of this.
Diana's career seems to be pretty much in the toilet as she has not done much of anything since 1999 or if you feel like I do has not done anything much since Lady sings the Blues in 1972. In that movie she played Billie Holiday. Billie died young and at 62 Diana is proving a bit stronger but I think this may be her year.

Cross posted at Deadpool 2006.

Posted by Starhawk at 04:52 PM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)

Saddam Hussein

As some of you know my picks in the dead pool over the last few years are almost all still with us.

This year I tired a difference tack and took off those I really wanted to die so that they would not have the protection of my picks anymore.

An exception was Saddam Hussein who I thought was pretty much a shoe in, Well judging from this story and the general problems at his trial it looks like my magic may still be working and I will have to pick him again in 2007.

Cross posted at Deadpool 2006.

Posted by Starhawk at 04:37 PM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)

January 25, 2006

Gerald Ford

As part of the 2006 dead pool we must all post about our picks so I will be posting mine here also to bolster my awful posts per week ave.

If Lair expects us to post on every pick every quarter I better get started.

Unlike the poster below I do not think Garald Ford will make it to December and for pretty much the same reason.

Sure he would like to beat Reagan at something but he won't because he is purely an also ran.

Cross Posted at: 2006 dead pool

Posted by Starhawk at 10:40 AM | Dead Pool | Comments (0)

Which sports car are you

Not bad at all but a bit pricey.

I'm a Lamborghini Murcielago!

You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.

Hat Tip to Glenn

Posted by Starhawk at 09:49 AM | Web Quiz | Comments (0)

The Price of Being Nice

A while ago we had a moma cat invade our garage. We didn't know it was a moma until several weeks later we found 4 kittens. The moma disappeared one day and we have been taking care of the kittens since.
One we found dead one day in the back part were we run the dogs. We assumed the dogs had gotten to it.

This morning I couldn't sleep so I gave up aroun 4:45 got dressed and let the dogs out as I usually do. After a few minutes I heard the dogs making noises so I got my flashlight and went out back to see that they had gotten one of the kittens up a tree. Just as I got there the kitten fell down and they pounced on it.
I tried to pull them off and ended up on the ground. My slippers came off and I continued to try and pull them off barefoot. Finally I got the smaller dog, who is for some reason the more vicious off, and the larger one came to my command. I pulled the smaller one into the house by the collar and went looking for the cat but I couldn't find him which I suppose is good.

I hope he is in better shape then I am. This happened about 20 or more minutes ago and I am still short of breath. My right leg and ankle feel like they have been twisted into some new shape and my arms don't feel so good either.

I hope the cat is ok.

Posted by Starhawk at 05:19 AM | Dogs and Cats | Comments (0)

January 03, 2006

How Sweet it is

Ohio Sate 34

Notre Dame 20

Need I say more.

Posted by Starhawk at 11:50 PM | College Football | Comments (0)